Send money overseas from Malaysia with ease and confidence
With our extensive international partnership, you can send money directly to a bank account, via a cash pickup agent or through home delivery service
Frequently Asked Questions
There are three ways you can send money with Valyou:
- At a Valyou branch or international remittance (IR) agent
- Using Valyou Mobile Wallet app
- Using Valyou Online service
- Visit the nearest Valyou branch or international remittance (IR) agent to you. You will need to bring your photo identification document such as passport, national registration identity card or UNHCR card.
- At the branch or IR agent, fill up the remittance form provided. You will need your receipient’s full name and phone number.For international transfer to a bank account, you will need the recipient’s bank details. For internation transfer through home delivery service, you will need the recipient’s address. Valyou promoters are available should you require assistance.
- After making the payment, you will be given a transaction slip.If you are sending money via a cash pickup agent, you will need to provide the PINNO printed on the transaction slip to your receipient for them to collect the money.
- Visit the nearest Valyou cash-in-cash-out (CICO) agent to you to cash in money into your Valyou Mobile Wallet.
- To register and verify the Valyou Mobile Wallet, visit our branches or our customer service staff in selected Cash In Cash Out Merchants. You will need to bring your mobile phone and for one time verification, photo identification document such as passport, national registration identity card or UNHCR card
- After you are registered and verified, Cash In money into your wallet at our Cash In Cash Out merchant and send money using the Valyou Mobile wallet.
- After completing the transaction, you will receive a confirmation message via SMS.
- Log in using your mobile number and PIN on Valyou Mobile Wallet app.
- Tap on the Send button to view the current exchange rates. Please note that the exchange rates displayed are indicative and may differ at the time of transfer.
- Choose the country that you would like to send money to. Then, enter the receipient’s details and the amount that you would like to send.
- Verify your transaction and confirm it by entering your PIN. After the transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation message via SMS.
You can send up to:
- RM50,000 per transaction from a Valyou branch or IR agent
- RM3,000 per day and RM5,000 per month via Valyou mobile wallet app
Depending on the mode of transfer (bank transfer, cash pickup or home delivery) and country, it will take 1-2 working days from the time of transfer, excluding public holidays.
If you send money via cash pickup, your receipient has 30 days to collect the money at the agent in the receiving country.
If you are using Valyou Mobile Wallet app, you may check the transaction status by using the app.
Alternatively, please use our online transaction tracker to check the transaction status.
Please use one of the following resources should you require any assistance with your transaction:
- User Guides: search or browse help pages on common issues
- Online Chat: chat with a support team member 9am-5pm daily
- Email: write to the support team and get a reply within 24 hours